Saturday, July 15, 2006

Misty tales and podcasts lost

Alternate title: "I like making word play that no one will get except for maybe that French dude with the Blind Guardian shirt I saw at Wonderland once"...but too long right?

I'm currently watching this epic 3 minute short by the maker of the Perry Bible Fellowship. Not only are the comics hilarious gag strips but I am quite intrigued by this "Golden Turtle" the film speaks of (you'll notice I linked right to the broadband version right there cause that's just how much of a devil-may-care kind of guy I am). The music during the credits just scream Home Movies and man I loved that show. Now I don't really know how to compare this stuff to the 2 hour "Yo Momma" marathon I watched at Francis' "crib" today though. They were both rad? Rad in their own way! Basic premise of the show is Wilmer Valderrama takes some people from their respective "hoods" and has them make fun of each others Momma's (underneath some freeways) then by tournament style rule they are eliminated until only the most dissmastering (word?)/racist survive to tee-off against each other representing their respective hood. The winner is then decided by judges Wilmer Valderrama, Jason Everhart and I think I saw Cecil Peoples. The great fun comes when we decided to parody the whole shindig creating some great lines like "Yo momma so ugly, she's the man now dog!" from Francis. Did I mention the big crowd that surrounds the finalists ala Thunderdome that just go "OHHHHH" on cue? Those guys should have been there when Francis said that line.

Man I just talked way more about Yo Momma then I ever planned to...

As for this week its taken a good 7 morning chills but Mike is finally back today. In the mean-time though I've been reading Ryan North's Live Journal because apparently 810 comics are just not enough for me. I must say that guy brings new meaning to the word awesome (i.e. awe·some (ôsm) ADJECTIVE: to be super awesome) and he even lives right here in the good ol' T-Dot (Toronto to those of you who are sadly not "with it"). So basically its been a deadly mix of that, Snack Packs and everything Wilford Brimley. Specifically the Colbert Report segments you can find here and here. I saw the second one straight from the show but had to hunt down that first one. Fun Fact: Wilford Brimley was in Hardtarget with "the muscles from Brussels" Jean Claude Van Damme (now I didn't link Hardtarget or Van Damme there because you guys should know better...plus I've been linking way too much here). Granted linking is right up there with parentheses (or parenthesi?) on the burnsauce index. The diabetes would be on the weaksauce end of the spectrum.

Now I think you guys realize how dangerous it would have been to record an episode in the past fortnight... that and Francis didn't want to step up to the plate and co-host the special edition Gene and Francis Show I had planned. Totally weaksauce I know but we will make it up to you guy(s?) I'm sure of it.

I think this spicy burnsauce post is a good start,
Gene "Machine" Parmesan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

big ups!