Friday, July 07, 2006

How Long You Wanna Live, Anyway?

Hmmmm, can you hear it? Listen closer... the shadows of heat, how they flicker.

That my friends, was a 'The Brak Show' reference. Now for the bonus round: the title of my blog post today is a song by what rockabilly band? Feel free to drop a comment with your answer and earn yourself the most precious prize of all, my respect... possibly.

Moving on, how was episode six, pretty rocking, eh? Ahhh, tell me about it, unfortunately I will be going on vacation for a week so episode seven will have to be postponed. Maybe Francis will fill in my position... outrageous! Ah hell, UFC is on Saturday... this will be a problem.

We watched Pride Critical Countdown Absolute yesterday, it totally blew me away. The main event with Yoshida and Cro Cop ended in a fashion I have never quite seen before, catch the replay folks, it's worth it. Hmmmm, what else is going on? I bought Ihsahn's "The Adversary" yesterday. The majority of reviews on the internet make me wonder if these people have even listened to the CD. The sheer spectrum of influences and styles are both melodically pleasing while also creating a welcoming dissonance which screams for resolution. The vocals do not only consist of Ihsahn's black metal growls, which is refreshing. The mold has been broken and Ihsahn shows us that there is still life in this often criticized genre. This is one of those albums that doesn't only appeal to metal heads, but simply to fans of music as well. Don't be deterred by the few Negative Nancies out there. Check this one out ladies and gents.

Well, I see you have a lot to think about. I'll be leaving now...

Contemplating the whereabouts of Blashyrkh,
Mike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are just a few negative review of Ihsahn Adversary as far as I know, and a big bunch of very good ones. The negatives ones seem to be the result of a closed mind, waiting for old Emperorish approach or Industry formatted production. This album is by far, and after multiple listens, the best I heard in my life. I'm forty years old and owned over 2000 CDs. What else can I say ?

Astro Zombies said...

Thank you very much for your insight, it is much appreciated.

-Mike